[modeleng] Re: ? World's largest engine?

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:00:37 -0600

Hubert,

You know where I am so send me the pictures unless it is of that enormous
two stroke diesel that is/was built in Japan.  Someone sent me photos of
that one last summer.  Impressive ain't it especially when you see the size
of the crankshaft bearings compared to the workers.!  Too bad it ain't steam
as it is more or less arranged like a steam engine with crossheads etc.
That thing will keep OPEC happy for quite a few years.

Jesse in Troy, TN USA

 Hello everyone
 I have received an email showing pictures of a HUGE super-tanker diesel
engine, weighing 2,000 tonnes.

 Send me an email, and I will copy them to you.