[modeleng] Re: Trepanning(?) copper

  • From: "Bob Logan" <boblogan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:35:09 +1200

Regards "files," those hunks of steel to remove metal.  Not the nail on the
wall, where you put the power account.
Have you tried, with new files, rubbing a piece of paraffin wax or a candle
along, so as to keep file from blocking up?   Also, lift file from job, on
return, as pulling file back on job, you are breaking the teeth.  ALWAYS,
have a handle on the tang, and wear a glove on the other hand, or put some
masking tape on the end of the file, if you have tender fingers. Of course
you knew that already. DO NOT bang a file to remove waste from the teeth,
you can fracture the file, causing a ruined job, if the break comes at the
critical time. Bob L.