[modeleng] Re: Steam Engine Valve Events

  • From: Jon Wimmer <jwmt_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:59:58 -0700 (PDT)

In Joseph Nelson's "So you want to build a live steam locomotive" there is a
diagram and a good explanation of the Zeuner diagram, and how wear effects it.
This was evidently pulled from the August 1967 issue of live steam magazine if
this helps any.

  Jon Wimmer
  Ekalaka MT
Roger Mason <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi All,

Thanks to Harry, Alan and John for the information about the
"Zeuner Diagram". This was a new one to me - at least I don't remember
that name from my reading of 50 years ago!

I have spent some time looking on the web to find out information
about this diagram. Whilst there are a number of references most don't
tell you much about it. There is one site - an on line encyclopaedia
(http://encyclopedia.jrank.org/SOU_STE/STEAM_ENGINE.html), but I cannot
seem to open the diagrams that they refer to. Any ideas what I might
be doing wrong?