[modeleng] Re: Spark Arrestors

  • From: "Myke Baigent" <MykeBaigent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:17:32 +0100

To Peter Sheppard

Hi Peter,

I experienced the same problem some years ago. The spark arrestor mesh
clogged up easily, especially as my engine was tending to "over oil" at the
time.

Then I realized we are not interested in arresting contents emitted from the
blast pipe (this needs to have "free escape"), we are only worried about hot
particles traveling up the tubes.

So I carefully shaped a piece of mesh to fit vertically behind the blast
pipe, in front of the tubes. It has worked well ever since. If you form the
mesh into a slight curve, the mesh can be easily removed for tube cleaning.

As I say, it works for me,
Best regards,
Myke