[modeleng] Re: Siemens Micromaster 420

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:02:39 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there Andy,

If the unit has a serial port on it, it is possible that by hooking it up
to your PC COM port directly, using a suitable cable (Maplin VD76 may do
the trick, or the equivalent with the Rx and Tx connections reversed), and
running Hyperterm (free with Windows - go to
start->programs->accesories->communications->Hyperterm

...that you may be able to get something out of it.

You need to be a bit careful though, as you could blow the PC if it is not
intended to be connected up in this way (although in the probably worst
case, you would only damage the serial port).

Note that you would also need to configure Hyperterm to suit the units
settings - I can give you some possible suggestions for this.

Let me know what you think and if you'd like to give it a go, I can fill
you in more on the above.

Yours,

Rich.