[modeleng] Re: Question from Myke

  • From: Pcx <pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:40:13 +0200 (CEST)

I usually wash the parts with hot water and few drops of dishes detergent, then
dry them with a clean rag and rub them with acetone . This works nicely even to
remove the fingers traces, glue and all other unwanted stuffs before
painting.(I do hope ACETONE is still available from your DIY store or your
local paint dealer). But if you use acetone please operate in a well ventilated
area or outdoor and don't smoke !!!!
PIerre

> Message du 11/08/04 14:51
> De : "Jeff Dayman"
> A : modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Copie à :
> Objet : [modeleng] Re: Question from Myke
> I've had good luck with laquer thinners, two liberal splashes and a wipe up
> usually works. (No smoking anywhere near laquer thinners of course). It is
> an excellent general purpose degreaser.
>
> Cheers, Jeff Dayman Waterloo Ontario Canada

Pierre COURBOULEIX pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail is intended for the adressee(s)only and may contain info that is
the property of, and/or subject to a confidentiality agreement between the
intended recipients.If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact
the originator of this e-mail via e-mail and delete copies from your computer
or network.
Misuse of the content of this e-mail message may violate the Laws of your
Country