[modeleng] Re: OT-Computer woes

  • From: "Charles & Dorothy Brumbelow" <cbrumbelow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:33:00 -0600

There are new ATA drives which I'm told can be run in RAID configurations on
even basic machines.  I would like to have such a setup to "mirror" two
drives.  Knowing my luck, the old bugaboo of a slightly offkilter controller
would mean that the drives could only be used with a specific controller --
and it would go up in smoke!  I understand that Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional
will not install in a RAID configuration unless one buys the heap more
expensive network version.  Something about the authentication code
software.  Charles