[modeleng] Re: Nickle Silver

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:10:57 -0600

Andy,

Too bad you don't live over here in the USA as I have scads of nickle silver
left over from a item I make for Dixie Gun Works.  What I have wouldn't do
what you want though,  as it is in 1-1/2" x 8" x 1/32"  pieces, but it does
make great soft pads for my vises.

As to painting brass, try bead blasting the parts before painting.  I do
this with aluminium and brass then spray paint directly onto the metal
without any primer.  Works perfectly it does, plus the bead blasting will
remove any flux that might have got out from in the joint.  Word of caution,
do not touch the blasted parts with your hands or the oil from your fingers
will probably cause adhesion problems.

Jesse in Tennessee