[modeleng] Re: Milling Problem

  • From: "John Buckley" <jbuckley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 04:08:38 +1000

Lee, It may be a stupid questions but is his milling table gib  strips
adjusted up correctly?
What about backlash in the feedscrew? If there is 'free' movement when he
brings the cutter into contact then there is the potential for the table to
move and thus cause the cutter to do what it is doing
John