[modeleng] Re: Metrication

  • From: "TEL" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 19:02:24 +1000

Well they tried a similar sort of thing here when we first went metric, a
few prosecutions early in the piece, but they found it to be unworkable -
today you can buy pretty much what you want.

I think the legislation is aimed more at general produce (potatoes, carrots,
black puddin's, rum) than items that, by their nature are imperial (if you
want a 6" rule a 150mm won't do)