[modeleng] Re: Linishing belt.

  • From: Tim Kirby <trk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 11:41:33 -0500

On 6/4/12 11:12 AM, "Chris Crosskey" <chris.crosskey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'll lsmot certainly be doing this in a well ventilated
>(basically outdoor covered area) ...

I'm visualizing this and I can't help but see this being
incredibly messy with a power device spraying (solvent of
choice mixed with bitumen) wherever including in the air.

I would suggest you take a couple of pieces and see how much
(solvent of choice) you need to scrape 95% off with a broad
putty-knife-type-blade. It may well go quite quickly and you
may then be able to finish off with a regular sanding (tool)
to clean up. You might end up double handling if you do all
the scraping first, but it may be a lot cleaner in the end.

My $0.02

Tim
--
Tim Kirby                   trk@xxxxxxxxxx