[modeleng] Re: LNER A3

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:06:34 -0600

At 10:59 AM 11/29/05 -0000, you wrote:
>This A3 was bought by our club treasurer. It certainly is a nice one. Bit
>worried about the club funds though - Barrie

Barrie,
         I have a similar concern about my own club.  As dues rise and
cries of "no funds" are still heard an officer decided that $10,000, spent
on a dilapidated old caboose, would be money well spent.  That may or may
not prove to be the case, but the question in my mind remains, how was one
person (or a small group) able to spend $10K of club funds without a
referendum?
         On another matter, a note with a photo of Abercorn has been sent
so we shall see what that brings.

Regards,
Harry