[modeleng] J + L Industrial Supplies

  • From: "Chris Crosskey" <chris.crosskey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:51:42 -0000

Hi Folks,
Just had a delivery from J+L and on a whim ordered an "Engineers Little
Black Book". It is a small (slightly over A6) paperback book that could
certainly live in a overall pocket or toolchest drawer and seem sto
cover all the bases for useful data like a Zeus on steroids. Useful
things like standard tapers, thread outlines for every thread I've ever
heard of (and a few that I hadn't) Hole saw speeds, bore and shaft
tolerances, lubricant choice, a bunch of basic geometrical constructions
for PCD drawing, the standard forms and designations of indexable tips
(with most common manufacturers alternate designations too) ...it's
about 160 pages of very useful data for the workshop and should be
considered a compliment to rather than a replacement for Tubal Cain's
ME's Workshop handbook, though I doubt I'df bother with a Zeus with one
of these around... it's about a tenner, so not worth ordering by itself
but worth tacking on.... To cap it all there's a drill-point grinding
template tucked into the back cover.......

No connection with J+L but I've been a more than happy customer several
times now....

chrisc