[modeleng] Re: Hydraulic ram

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:20:00 -0600

Kenny,

Yep, rattlers are deadly though I have seen dogs get bitten by them and only
be seriously ill for a few days.  This is probably because they almost
always get bitten on the nose which is mostly bone so snake's fangs do not
penetrate deeply.  Our loggers have never been bitten though in certain
areas around here, rattlers are plentiful.  The snakes generally give a
warning from their rattles (Sounds like a small match box almost full of
matches being shaken rapidly), but danger lies in maybe stepping on the
snake which seems to anger them. We also have Cotton Mouth Moccasins and
Copperheads.  Cotton mouths bites are pretty serious, but Copperheads are
mostly dangerous only to small children.  All can be treated with anti-venom
so danger is not as bad as in the old days. If you want to know about really
bad snakes, get Terry Lane to comment on some of the denizens of OZ.

Jesse, the antique machinist in Troy, TN USA