[modeleng] Having a clear out

  • From: "alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 18:55:48 -0000

I am clearing a few items.

First is a VERY old (pre-1880, according to Tony on lathes.co.uk) Britannia
lathe.
This is a Model 3, and is 30" long, 3" centre height, and can take 18"
between centres.

It is NOT complete. The tailstock and, what passes for the toolpost are both
missing.
However, it does have a three jaw 3" chuck.

A couple of photos are at,

http://www.alanstepney.info/brit.jpg

http://www.alanstepney.info/brit2.jpg

A complete one  can be seen at,
http://www.lathes.co.uk/britannia/page2.html

I will also be selling an Adept lathe. Tiny little thing, but surprisngly
popular back in the 1930's amd '40's.
I'll take some photos of it next week.

In both cases, I could sell them on Ebay but would rather they went to a
model engineer rather than a dealer.

If anyone is interested, at modest prices, please contact me off-list.

Alan Stepney

http://www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering & steam engine information pages