[modeleng] Re: Harrogate

  • From: "Jem Harrison" <Jem.Harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:48:33 +0100

Unable to go to Harrogate, BUT, if anyone is considering purchasing a lathe,
I have just seen a good green Myford Super Seven with a Norton gearbox and
various accessories.  It is mounted on a substantial home made stand
comprising timber legs and RSJ cross-members.  There is surface rust on the
belt pulleys, but otherwise it seems to be in good order.  There is some
light swarf, but five minutes with an oily rag should have it looking in
tip-top condition.  It should appear in the classified ads for £1700.  The
owner died last year and his widow (a very nice lady) wishes to sell his
workshop equipment.  There is also a Naerok pillar drill, a Clark sander, a
grinder, a press-tool.

The location of the lathe is Mid-Essex.  If anyone is interested, give me a
ring on 01268-289975.

Jem Harrison
Basildon