[modeleng] Re: Castings

  • From: john.burridge@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 23:59:41 +0100 (CET)

Hi to all,
I did casting at school, then when i was an apprentice under instruction, I
have bought a couple of books and luckerly there is a chap in the village who
used to run the local foundry, so i can have my questions answered on the
little problems that i might find.

I am considering doing some cylinder castings for an engine i have seen in a
book of about 100 years ago,I  dont think anyone make any ones like these and i
would just like to have ago at casting.

There seem to be three casting sites that i have come across on the net which
have lots of usefull help and advice and pictures which always help.

does anyone think that it is worth doing small cores for the ports, I would
think i could get in by machining them and that would make the casting easier.

yours for now

John Burridge