[modeleng] Casting cylinders

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 17:59:00 -0600

John,
Don't worry about making cores for those steam ports for therein lies madness.
Make a core for the cylinder bore and let it go at that.  I have cast cylinders
for my 2-1/2" scale Mich-Cal Shay using a core for the bore and then milled and
drilled the steam ports. Worked out just fine and it will for you also.

Jesse the Redneck in Tennessee

does anyone think that it is worth doing small cores for the ports, I would
think i could get in by machining them and that would make the casting easier.

yours for now

John Burridge