[modeleng] Boiler adventures was Is the List Working

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:24:43 -0600

At 01:58 PM 11/26/04 -0800, you wrote:
>Harry, you have much more patience than I have to attempt a project such
as >this.  Got any photos yet?

Al,
      Idiocy perhaps?  If you mean the current boiler project, yes I have
quite a few but I haven't edited them for posting on my picture site yet.
      I have made a quick paper mockup of the wrapper, using a plot
provided me by someone on another list, and it appears that the geometry is
right.
     For anyone interested, the current project is a boiler and
superstructure (fittings, cleading, domes, stack, and full front end) for a
7/8" scale / Ga1 model of Gilpin Tramway #3, a 2-truck 24"ga Shay locomotve.
     The cleading consists of two cylindrical, parallel, non-coaxial
sections, of different diameters, joined by an abrupt conical transition
section.  The boiler itself is also two cylindrical, parallel, non-coaxial
sections, of different diameters, but joined at a flanged head (flat).  My
next-of-kin have already been notified, if I should ever accept something
like this again I am to be marched out back and shot, . . .  or at least
severely scolded.

Regards,
Harry