[modeleng] Re: Anti vibration mounts

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 09:47:20 -0000

Hi,

Your problem is not so much vibration but weight of equipment. I once had a
Speed 10 in an upstairs bedroom of a very well built 1930's house and whilst
the joists took the weight, when the lathe was running they visibly flexed.
The other problem is that anti-vibration mounts will only take out vibration
if the base they are mounted on is very heavy and rigid to absorb the
vibrations, something which the joists are not.

Regards

Clif