[modeleng] Re: An Odd Question re (compressed) air lines

  • From: "Jeff Dayman" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:04:17 -0400

Generally the female fittings are on the outer ends of hoses to terminate
air flow at the extreme end of the hoses and fittings. If you had the male
fitting open end there, without a tool on it,and the compressor was running,
it would not pressurize the system, just pump to atmosphere. An open male
fitting at the end of the hose would also allow dirt in. The female quick
disconnects don't.

So - female quick connect on compressor or tank outlet

female quick connect at tool end, male quick connect at compressor end on
hoses

male quick disconnect on tools. (this makes them easy to oil too. You do oil
them I hope. 1drop air tool oil per 8 hr usage is recommended by most tool
mfgr's)

This is how I've seen it done most often, and have it done on my own system,
with no issues.

Best regards, Jeff Dayman