[missbirdphotos] Stilt and chick

  • From: Larry Pace <larrypace64@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:27:17 -0700 (PDT)

After presuming that the pair of stilts that I was observing were not  a
"mated" pair,I was greatly surprised by the appearance of one and then three
chicks. This was the only time I could catch a chick with its momma.  They seem
to wander on their own, at least during the day, seldom touching base with a
parent. In the days following this photo another pair has shown up in the field
much to the displeasure of the original pair.  Lots of chasing and constant
chatter from all four birds.

LP