[missbirdphotos] Re: Osprey Today

  • From: Robert Smith <rsmithent@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 07:30:34 -0400

Sounds like a fun outing & looks like you got some cool shots too!

Robert Smith

336-339-3497

rsmithent@xxxxxxx

www.photobiologist.com

 From: howle@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [missbirdphotos] Re: Osprey Today
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 00:51:16 -0500

Nice butt shot Bob ;-)  Sorry, I couldn’t resist!  Very nice shots. That looks
like a good lens.  I don’t have any shots of osprey that close as there aren’t
many around here. The only nest I know of is in the river in very shallow water
due to silting at the merging of the waterway channel with the original river
channel. Bill Kidd took me in his boat to see it but when the depth finder said
0 ft. we couldn’t go any closer.  I got a few shots of the nest, some with
babies, on 2 trips up-river with my 100 – 400 lens, in 2010.
http://southernexposure.zenfolio.com/p12014625  This is the first trip in May.
You might enjoy seeing the rest of the images along the Tenn-Tom Waterway near
Columbus and the lock and dam if you haven’t seen it before. A few weeks later
in June we went back again on a 96 degree day and nearly burned up. The osprey
were all panting.  You can see the babies in this album
http://southernexposure.zenfolio.com/tombigbeebirds  The light wasn’t too good
in some of them. I hoped Bill would take me last summer but he was very busy
and hit a stump the first or second time he put it in the water and damaged the
boat.  I hope we can go this summer if they are still using the nest.  Judy
Howle Southern Exposureshttp://southernexposure.zenfolio.com Digital
Photography Class; Resources for
Photographershttp://digitalphotographyclass.net  From:
missbirdphotos-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx