[missbirdphotos] Osprey Today

  • From: Bob Vigne <tromboneman77@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 03:58:06 +0000

Hi Everybody, I was out today looking to see if I could find the Painted
Redstart or possibly the Great Horned Owl that I heard was in the same
vicinity. Well I had no luck finding them, but I did spot this Osprey couple. I
saw a bird in a tree which I thought was just a sea gull. Then I spotted this
huge guy flying overhead and I took some shots of him (Osprey-1). Then he
started to fly away. I thought that was all I would get of him so I looked down
at my camera to see how I did. Then the next thing I see is this bird flying
over what I thought was a gull, and I got a few Discovery Channelesque shots of
the couple (Osprey-3). Once I got home I checked out the field guide and
figured out that the birds I saw were Osprey. So I was very excited about my
sighting and hope you enjoy the photos. If you are interested I have a few
other cool shots but I didn't want to fill up everybody's email.    Bob