[missbirdphotos] Re: Hello!

  • From: "Dance, Gayla" <dancegf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 14:17:47 -0600

Thanks for all the resources, Judy!

I became interested in birds when my sweet brother sneaked a pair of binoculars
and a bird guide in my suitcase when I was visiting.  I have been hooked ever
since.  I seem to particularly enjoy watching birds in bird baths, etc.  To
that end I have 5 bird baths in my yard and even dug a pond for them.  Okay, so
it is a small pond, but it does have two sets of waterfalls and a little bird
creek.

I should be better with my bird photography than I am.  I did buy a hunting
blind, tripod, remote release, etc, but I definitely need to practice more.
For equipment I have Canon XSi (450D), Canon 70-300mm IS, and Sigma 150 - 500mm
OS. (The Bigma)

I teach mathematics at Millsaps College, and they will have to change the locks
to get rid of me. I have lovely long breaks which lend themselves to travel and
birding.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and learning how to do better with my
bird photography.

-gayla dance
Reservoir in Brandon.