[missbird] Re: "New" abbreviations

  • From: Jason Hoeksema <hoeksema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wayne Patterson <wrp6@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 15:00:20 -0600

Thanks everyone for the useful info on the 4-letter codes.  I agree with
Van Harris that good manners calls for typing out the full name of a
species at least upon the first usage in an e-mail.

I also prefer species names in ALL CAPS when they are in a body of other
text, so that they are easy to pick out. This practice is a rule on some
other listservs, and I think it works well, but that is just my personal
preference.

Jason Hoeksema
Oxford, MS