[mira_talk] Re: read length... again...

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 22:26:25 +0100
On 08 Nov 2013, at 22:20 , Adrian Pelin <apelin20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh, I must have missed that conversation.

Don’t worry.

> Despite my repeated frustration with this constrain (stopping forcefully if
> read lenghs are > 40), mostly because my reads are always larger than 40
> characters, I must agree that MIRA should stop if that is the case, as it
> would save many others the hassle of repeating an assembly.

It would be even nicer if Illumina churned out reads names having less than 40
characters. Now, admittedly it’s only older software which breaks, but … Ion
did it, their names are regularly less than 40 chars :-)

Then again, when I see the PacBio read names which look like a drunk repeatedly
fell head first on the keyboard, Illumina names look lovely.