[mira_talk] Re: empty info files with sssip=1

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:05:15 +0100

On Mittwoch 09 Dezember 2009 David Lambert wrote:
> I looked at the clippings file and a few are being filtered out at
> this stage.  There are a few singletons in the output, but it seems
> like there are not enough-- like 93 in a test assembly of 105,000
> titanium reads that assembled 65,000 reads.  I don't think that the
> sssip function is working for me.  Especially since I am getting this
> strange result where the info and debris list files are empty.

Then this may be a bug. I'll have to check, but this won't happen before V3 is
out.

> Does the following seem like a functional command line:
> miraSearchESTSNPs -project=test2 -fasta
> -job=denovo,est,normal,sanger,454 SANGER_SETTINGS -OUT:sssip=1
> 454_SETTINGS -OUT:sssip=1

Yes, very much so and is perfectly valid.

> If so, then maybe I should remake my installation of mira?

No, the probabilty that something went wrong in the MIRA installation that
shows this behaviour is below 1E10 :-)

Please file this as a bug report on Trac so that I don't loose it out of
sight.