[mira_talk] Re: edited assembly: reassembly

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 01:54:37 +0100

On Donnerstag 17 Dezember 2009 Bastien Chevreux wrote:
> [...]
> I think your best option would be to ask Bernd (the author of the
> roche454ace2caf tool) to change the behaviour of his tool to first write
>  out the reads of a contig, then the contig defs, then reads, then ...
>  etc.pp
> [...]

Where the hell did I have my mind when I wrote that? It's seriously time for
some vacation. Actually, the above is your second best option. Don't get me
wrong: please still mail Bernd to see whether he could change his script.

But in the mean time however, your best option is going the route I sketched
in an earlier response: caf2gap and then directly gap2caf!

E.g.:
  caf2gap -project ttt -ace not_working.caf >&/dev/null
  gap2caf -project TTT >works.caf

The "works.caf" file is then in the format MIRA accepts.