[mira_talk] allow for more polymorphisms

  • From: Oscar Franzén <oscar.franzen@xxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 10:22:08 +0100

Hi!

I'm trying to assemble a highly polymorphic genome using MIRA, but my problem is that the final genome created by MIRA is almost twice the haploid size of the genome (output size of all contigs is around 24Mbp but the haploid genome size should be around 12 Mbp). I think that the high polymorphism rate causes MIRA to duplicate all contigs. So my question is, is there an option/parameter in MIRA to increase the allowed polymorphism rate?

I'm using the latest version of MIRA and the data type is 454 and I'm running a 'normal' assembly with default parameters.

Thanks!
Oscar