[mira_talk] Re: Unpaired reads and segment_placement = ? or unknown

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:03:58 +0100
On 11 Feb 2014, at 12:18 , Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> […]
> If I comment out the segment_placement line it works - but I wanted
> to tell MIRA to treat this as unpaired data.  I'm guessing this is a
> regression - otherwise the manual is confusing me:

*sigh* Well intentioned last minute changes pave the road to hell. Or something
like this.

I added code to warn users about inconsistent settings vs data, but I somehow
missed that particular case as, for unpaired data, I simply leave out all
placement and library info in my manifests (and then MIRA expects the readgroup
to be unpaired). This is also the workaround you will have to use atm, sorry.