[mira_talk] Re: RE reading fasta files

  • From: Jan Paces <hpaces@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 09:08:56 +0200

Bastien Chevreux wrote:
> So, at the moment, I settled for "if there are no qualities, the user has to
> know what he's doing and sets flags accordingly.
>
> I'd be happy to hear suggestions for a better handling though. I personally
> am
> a big fan of "if it does not meet the expectations of the program, fail".

Well, I think that it is ok the way it is Just, it was not easy to find
those two parameters and how thay are connected. My way of thinking was:
if mira first accepts fasta reads without qualities, it make no sense to
clip all of it away later. But I see your point.

Maybe one paragraph in tutorial, how to add already known sequences from
genbank? I think it is common task.

Thanks,

Jan