[mira_talk] Re: Parameters not parsed

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:03:17 +0200

On Monday 06 April 2009 Lionel Guy wrote:
> [...]
> It was much better using the parameters in the right order (placing my

Yep, the order is important. "--job=" sets a whole bunch of stuff trying to do
"the right thing".

> My project:
> - sequencing a complete bacterial genome (~2Mb)
> - half a 454 Titanium run (~100Mb of data, not quite as much as
> advertised), plus 2 lanes from a titration run.
> - about 50k paired-end mates (experimental 20kb library)
>
> The bacteria that I'm sequencing experiences some kind of weird
> alternate replication in late growth-phase, leading to an (at least) 2
> fold amplification of about 10-20% of the genome, which may impair the
> uniform read distribution (I tried with urd:yes, and yielded strange
> results).

Alternate replication in late growth phase? Sheeesh ... that's some weird but
interesting concept for a bug.

I have a new assembly engine in alpha test right now. It still has problems
with sequencing bias in unpaired data, but it rocks when paired-end reads are
available. The 50k PE reads might be a bit on the low end, but I'd be
interested to know how it fares with that kind of data you have.

Please drop me a line if you're interested to run a test with the new stuff in
development.