[mira_talk] Re: Memory problem with MIRA

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 21:35:31 +0100

On Donnerstag 03 Dezember 2009 Peter wrote:
> There is one line in the log file that caught my eye:
> Compiled in 32 bit mode
>
> This would suggest you are going to be limited to
> just 4GB of RAM. I think you need to recompile
> in 64bit mode. What OS are you using? I have a
> similar issue on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard:

Uh, right, I didn't even catch this one. In that case one would not be able to
assemble 650k reads anyway.

Ankit, Peter: could you please download either
  http://www.chevreux.org/tmp/mira_3rc4d_dev_linux-gnu_x86_64_static.tar.bz2
or
  http://www.chevreux.org/tmp/

(trying to force 64 bit with ./configure --enable-64 if you compile yourself)

and give me the first 50 lines of a 'mira' call? There are some additional
debug info I've added.