[mira_talk] Re: MIRA internal error

  • From: Torben Nielsen <torben@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 21:57:06 -1000

It’s a Xeon system with 256 GB of ECC RAM.

It’s the first time I have ever attempted digital normalization. I did it
because it’s metagenomic and there is some wildly varying coverage. I’ll turn
it off. However, then I have to rerun the whole thing and I’m like ten days
into this run :-( Oh well. Stuff happens.

If it matters, this was a run that I had to restart earlier. It crashed and I
had to rerun it with the “-r” switch. After the next one is done, I can try the
“-r” again. But the odds of a wrong bit in an ECC DIMM is really low. Precision
guided cosmic rays :-)

Thanks, Torben