[mira_talk] Re: MIRA internal error

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 08:47:21 +0100
On 10 Feb 2014, at 5:19 , Torben Nielsen <torben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> MIRA just aborted on me :-( Here is the end of the log. Please let me know if
> you want more than this. I’m working with large datasets and they generate
> huge logs so I can’t e-mail it.

Does the computer you are working on have ECC-RAM? If not, then there’s a very
high probability it’s a RAM problem. The reason I a saying this: MIRA complains
about a DigiNorm multiplier of “0”, while shortly after, during the dumping as
MAF of the presumedly problematic data, the very same read says it has a
DigiNorm multiplier of “2”.

This makes no sense at all … except if a bit flipped in RAM during the readout
and temporary storage on stack of the DigiNorm value.

This or a very, very weird bug in MIRA.

Unrelated to this: I do not recommend using DigiNorm for genome assembly.