[mira_talk] MIRA and .abi files

  • From: Alessandro Riccombeni <rikkomba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:29:20 +0100

HI,
I am a newbie PhD student. I just started using MIRA, and I have to try
making a hybrid 454-Sanger assembly. MIRA is run on a Linux server.
I tried MIRA with 454 data only until now. The Sanger data I have been given
include .fas and .abi files. THat means, I have the fasta sequences for both
forward and reverse primers, but I should get the qualities from the .abi
files. I couldn't find, until now, a fast way to extract the quality info I
need for MIRA from these .abi files. Can anybody direct me to some online
resource? THanks for your help,

Alessandro R.