[mira_talk] MIRA Error Message

  • From: Jeremiah Davie <jdavie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:00:10 -0500

Hi Everyone,
Quick question: In my assembly of 454 data (older GS20 data from standard chemistry), my output log lists that it found 290768 reads extracted from two *.sff files, yet when those reads are loaded I receive 145339 instances of the following error message: "Error: read name EERNOEK******* present multiple times in readpool!", where the asterisks denote a different read name. Since this is almost half of the the total loaded reads, I'm curious what might have caused this? Presumably sff_extract used the names found within the *.sff files for these reads, but it seems strange to me that the two *.sff files would contain all the same names. Did I do some thing wrong in the sff_extract process that might have caused this without generating an error message? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance everyone! - Jeremiah