[mira_talk] Getting observed insert size etc for paired end reads

  • From: Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 18:15:14 +0000

Hi Bastien,

For paired end libraries, does MIRA report any of the observed
template/insert size, orientation, fraction assembled in same
contig, or something like the SAM FLAG for "properly mapped"
somewhere?

I've been running a few paired end assemblies and not telling
MIRA the expected template size (because I don't know it, or
don't trust the reported figure, or I'm lazy), and was looking
for a quick way to get the apparent distribution post-assembly.

I can see how to extract this from the MAF or SAM file, but
is there a shortcut I'm missing?

Thanks,

Peter