[mira_talk] Fwd: Compiling MIRA 3.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow L

  • From: Craig Marshall <craig.marshall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:50:55 +1300

Further to my previous posting, here are some comments about installing MIRA
from our Peter who maintains our software.

It occurs to me that there may be another issue in here.
Snow Leopard has become more picky about matching library
wordsizes so that a 32-bit library won't work with a 64 bit object
file.  Earlier MacOSes were less fussy about this.  My observation
on building mira-3.0.3 under Snow Leopard was that this created
problems on one system which had the boost libraries built under
Leopard.  The solution was to rebuild everything under Snow Leopard
using the latest Boost library release.

Regards,

Craig

Hi Peter and Bastien,

We've compiled MIRA3.0.3 (and the whole 3.x.x set of programs) without
problems. We did have problems of these kinds in earlier versions of MIRA and
these related to units of the program and elements of the libraries using the
same names. Bastien fixed these as part of the 3.0.0 upgrade.

One thing to note is that the developer tools are apparently not installed by
default when you upgrade to Snow Leopard and have to be explicitly installed.
That did cause some interesting problems when we first tried to compile MIRA
after upgrading to Snow Leopard, and it might be worth checking in your case.

Regards,

Craig

--
Craig Marshall  craig.marshall@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:craig.marshall@xxxxxxxxxxx>