[mira_talk] Re: FASTA WITH QUALITY VALUES

  • From: Andrej Benjak <abenjak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:20:47 +0100

why QIIME? miraconvert can produce fastq files...

andrej
haven't used MGRAST but I presume you need fastq, python stript from QIIME should do that from fasta and qual files
http://qiime.org/scripts/convert_fastaqual_fastq.html

Veljo

On 02/25/2014 04:03 PM, Lionel Guy wrote:
Yes.
>From the manual (http://mira-assembler.sourceforge.net/docs/DefinitiveGuideToMIRA.html#sect_res_resultsdir):

The *_d_results directory [...]

• projectname_out.unpadded.fasta: as above, this file contains as FASTA sequence the consensus of the contigs that were assembled in the process, put positions in the consensus containing gaps were removed. The computed consensus qualities are in the corresponding projectname_out.unpadded.fasta.qual file.

Lionel

On 25 Feb 2014, at 14:58 , Chayan Roy <chayan.roy93@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hii

I have performed an assembly on deep sequenced metagenome. Now i want to extract contigs larger than 1000. If i have to submit them in MGRAST i also need the quality values. I am not sure how to do this. I went through the manual and know how to use the convert_project to extract contigs >1000 but dont know how add quality values on them. Will file.unpadded.fasta.qual will serve my purpose??
Any help..

Mira version: MIRA V3.4.0.1 (production version).

Best
--
CHAYAN ROY