[mira_talk] Doubt about read groups to do a denovo transcriptome assembly

  • From: "Camila M." <kamynz16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 09:09:29 -0500

Hi all,

I'm trying to do a denovo transcriptome assembly, and I have been doing a
small test with a small proportion of my data. I used Illumina, but I have
several doubts, after I read the MIRA manual.

First, I have a paired-end library, and I'm not sure how to specify from
the sequences from the R1 reads and the R2 reads. Do I have to separate the
sequences for read groups

Here is an example of my manifest file:

project = 1_test
job = est,denovo,accurate
parameters = -GE:not=1 -NW:cmrnl=no

readgroup = Test_R1
data =
/host/Users/CamilaMV/Desktop/DOCUMENTOS_LINUX_MINT/BRAZIL/Script_cluster/FROM_CLUSTER/files_to_MIRA/R1.fastq
technology = solexa
strain = pseudozyma
segment_placement = ---> <---

readgroup = Test_R2
data =
/host/Users/CamilaMV/Desktop/DOCUMENTOS_LINUX_MINT/BRAZIL/Script_cluster/FROM_CLUSTER/files_to_MIRA/R2.fastq
technology = solexa
strain = pseudozyma
segment_placement = ---> <---

Thanks in advance,