[mira_talk] Could not rename checkpoint directory in preparation of saving new checkpoint?

  • From: Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:46:14 +0000

Hi all,

Using MIRA 4.0 from mira_4.0_linux-gnu_x86_64_static.tar.bz2 to
run a de novo bacterial assembly on our cluster I just got this
during pass 4 or 5:

Fatal error (may be due to problems of the input data or parameters):

* Could not rename checkpoint directory in preparation of saving new           *
* checkpoint?                                                                  *
* Error message is boost::filesystem::rename: Directory not empty:             *
* "XXX_assembly/XXX_d_chkpt", "XXX_assembly/XXX_d_chkpt_tmp"               *
->Thrown: void Assembly::performSnapshot(uint32 actpass)
->Caught: main

$ ls XXX_assembly/
XXX_d_chkpt  XXX_d_info  XXX_d_results  XXX_d_tmp

$ ls XXX_assembly/XXX_d_chkpt
bannedOverlaps.txt  maxCovReached.txt  passInfo.txt  readpool.maf

(i.e. not empty)

Note that the working directory is on a network file system, but
/tmp is a local drive and I've got that set in my manifest:

project = LCN4
job = denovo,genome,accurate
#OUT:rtd = Output: remove_tmp_directory
#NW:cmrnl = Nag and Warn: check_maxreadnamelength
#DI:trt = Directory: tmp_redirected_to
parameters = -OUT:rtd=y -NW:cmrnl=no -DI:trt=/tmp

Deleting the entire output folder and re-running worked.

Might this have been a left over folder from my trying MIRA 3.9
or something like that?

Regards,

Peter