[mira_talk] Re: CNAG

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 21:31:19 +0200

On Monday 28 March 2011 19:18:15 Robin Kramer wrote:
> I think it would be cool if there were a MNAG, or competition to see who
> could do the best assemblies with Mira type datasets.
>
> Just to see who could come up with the best Mira settings.

Highly dependend on organism are they! Though the standard "--job" most of the
time is good enough.

No, what I'd like to have in those kind of competitions would be some small
but very well defined bacteria in the competition  (one or two "easy", a
couple of hard ones with lots of tRNA, prophages and other duplications). Just
to get a feeling how well these assemblers really are.

Perhaps I should propose that ...