[mira_talk] Assembly finishing

  • From: Lionel Guy <guy.lionel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:25:23 +0200

Hi there,

I have an issue that is somewhat weakly related to mira...

I am currently using consed to finish assemblies (checking misassemblies, designing primers for PCR, adding PCR-product end- sequencing results, etc...). I'm only half-satisfied with that solution, for several reasons, and would like to explore new possibilities, and have a couple of questions:

- Is there a way to display the IUPc, UNSc, SRMc, WRMc, etc. tags in consed? I have tried, but not succeeded so far - Is there any alternative to consed (or to gap4, that is not really suitable if you have half a million reads)?

I would be very pleased if you would share your experience in that matter...

Best,

Lionel