[mira_talk] Re: About ends clipping

  • From: "Yi Zheng" <yz357@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:51:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bastien,

Thank you for you reply.

We are currently using mira to assemble cDNA (EST) sequences which should
be low coverage of the transcriptome.
If I switch off the -CL:pec as you recommended, we found that quite a few
sequences not assembled together only differ in a short
stretch of the ends (which are usually in relatively low quality). If I
switch on, then the information of a lot of alternative
splicing will be lost.

Hope you can add this function to mira and thank you so much.

                                                   Yi