[minima] Re: Testing KISS Mixer - Some More Data

  • From: "Joe Rocci" <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:22:50 -0400

My guess is that the IMD performance of the ADE-1L+ is worse, as it's usually a
direct function of LO drive. This will be especially important in the xmit mode
where you need as much clean output as you can get in order to minimize high
gain requirements in the transmitter amplifier chain. High gain not only leads
to stability problems, each additional stage adds to current draw and
distortion.

It's kind of academic though, since the Si570 can output about +14 dbm, which
is enough for even some higher-level DBM mixers.

Joe
W3JDR