[meetyeti]

  • From: YETI <meet.yeti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meetyeti <meetyeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 10:01:41 +0530

Dear All,

The time has come again to decide on the venue for YETI 2016/17. We say
2016/17, as it could be held either at the end of this year or the starting
of next year.

We would like to formally invite interested student groups to bid for this
year's event. Decisions regarding the venue have always followed a fair
policy of consulting with all the prospective bidders and taken in
consensus with previous YETI organisers. The choice of venue is based on
numerous considerations, primary among which are :

(a) Availability of a critical mass of student organizers (i.e. 5-10
committed volunteers) who would take up the responsibility to act as a core
group

(b) Availability of institutional support & facilities/infrastructure

(c) Availability of faculty support on a need-basis (i.e. non-intrusive)

(d) Organisers' ability to rope in different individuals and organisations,
and the promise to keep YETI non-hierarchical, and

(e) the advantages of hosting YETI in the proposed venue.

You will have to make a 5 minute presentation at the YETI Delhi conference
regarding why you should be chosen as the venue for the next years
conference. We would also like to request you to send a write up to state
your case.

In the write up to be sent to us, we would like you to explicitly state:

- If you have Identified a host, and have either a formal/informal
communication about hosting YETI
- List the facilities on campus (Infrastructure for holding
workshop/talks & Accommodation) and the probability of their availability
along with alternate options
- Broad budget (rough estimate) and probable funders
- Organising team and supportive faculty who will be involved.
- Timeline for the proposed event (Broad events like finalising host,
funding procurement, call for YETI to be sent out., etc.,)
- Any other information you deem necessary

Additionally, some of our YETI members also drafting a document outlining
the principle, functioning, spirit and ethos of YETI. We are hoping this
would be available soon, and we shall pass it on to you.

So we invite you all to consider the idea of hosting YETI and to mail us at
meet.yeti@xxxxxxxxx & cc yetidelhi@xxxxxxxxx to *indicate your interest by
December 15th,** 2015.*

You can send in the *write up/proposals* to meet.yeti@xxxxxxxxx by *30th of
December. *

We are looking to announce the results at the YETI Delhi conference.

Cheers

For YETI
Vishnupriya

--