[MEBC-Butterfly] Upcoming Events

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BUTTERFLY NET <mebc-butterfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 13:50:27 -0400

Sunday, 7/20/14 - Butterfly Walk at the Jonesborough Butterfly Garden at 2:00pm
lead by Don Holt.

Wednesday, 7/23 - International Moth Week Celebration at the Winged Deer Park
Study Site at 9:00pm.

Friday, 7/25 - Moth Week event at the Xtreme Roan Adventures night time Kids
Rally kickoff at the amphitheater at Roan Mountain State Park at 9:00pm.

Saturday, 7/26 - Insect Walk at the Roan Kids Rally at 10am.
     Butterfly Walk at the Roan Kids Rally at 1:30pm lead by Nancy Barrigar and
Aubrie Abernethy.

Friday, 8/22 - Moth Night at the Jonesborough Butterfly Garden at 9:00pm.

Saturday, 8/30 - Butterfly Walk at the Jonesborough Butterfly Garden at 10am
lead by Don Holt.

Friday - Sunday, 9/5 - 9/7 - Butterfly Walks, Insect Walk and Moth Nights at
the Roan Mountain Fall Naturalist Rally.

The moth study site at Winged Deer Park is taking place each Sunday morning an
hour before sunrise. For now that is 5:15am. We meet behind the Parks and Rec
office bldg. (Big white house). If you would like to join us contact me first.
I will start sending the weekly reports (beautifully written by Heather Jones)
out on a group list. Let me know if you would like to receive these reports.
You can also view these reports and other local mothing news and photos by
going to Heather's Facebook page "Moth Study Site at Winged Deer"
https://www.facebook.com/wingeddeermoths.

Please contact me if you have any questions about any of these events.

Larry McDaniel
(423) 773-9234