[mea] Re: Question on crediting sources

  • From: "Syd Baumel" <baumel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:10:04 -0500

This is for students at the U of Victoria, but I think it captures the
essentials: http://web.uvic.ca/jepgen/permissions.pdf

One thing it leaves out is that even a single line or two from a very small work
like a song or a poem can be considered NOT "fair use" and require permission,
except, I believe, in the context of a review.

This is a major U.S. online guide, but I don't know if there are any significant
differences with Canadian copyright law:
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/

Syd

Syd Baumel - www.mts.net/~baumel | www.aquarianonline.com

Globalize goodwill. Adopt the Simultaneous Policy - www.simpol.org.